Курс «Продвинутые принципы», разработанный как продолжение Академии «solveforwhyacademy.com» , представляет собой веб-класс из 10 уроков, который ведет Мэтт Берки, в котором студенты будут продвигаться дальше по пути обучения . Миссия курса — закрепить принципы Академии и при этом их расширить. Основное внимание в этом курсе уделяется построению диапазона, оценке диапазона по сравнению с диапазоном и общему планированию рук.
Lesson 1 – Bridging the Gap
Emphasis on simplifying Academy concepts as well as compartmentalizing them so that we shift the focus to a few specific ones at a time.
- Advanced Principles course introduction
- Strategy Definition
- The incentives behind Capitalization vs Realization
- GTO Principles
Lesson 2 – Fight or Flight
This lesson will refresh your memory on some of the most critical aspect of our strategy– unrelenting fight and the expected response of the field.
- Waging war
- Battling against other battlers (sticky opponents)
- Leveraging against flight (identifying fit or fold and over capitalizing)
- Game Flow (setting the pace and not forcing spots)
Lesson 3 – Line Work (Part 1)– Board textures and Range Splitting (advantage/disadvantage)
This lesson will pick up where we left off on day 3 of the Academy. We will revisit advantaged boards & how to calibrate our barrels
- Allowing equity to be our guide
- Range advantage & the nature of capping
- Board textures
- The five key equity concepts (Realization, Capitalization, Retention, Denial, Fold Equity)
- 1, 2, and 3 barrelling
- The power of surrender
- Betting when at the bottom of our range
- Check raising on disadvantage boards w/hands that lack clarity
Lesson 4 – Line Work (Part 2)– Neutral board textures (turn and river decisions)
This lesson will unpack flop play on those up for grabs board textures. Here we will examine a multitude of line work including:
- Bet/Check (and all variations– bet/ch/c, bet/ch/fold, bet/ch/raise, etc)
This lesson will explore the concept of balance, relating primarily to postflop play and featuring several example hands. It will form the foundation of many of our postflop discussions.
- What is balance?
- When and why do we need it?
- Building balanced ranges (street-by-street)
- Effects of SPR
Part 2 – Introduction to Max Exploitation
Lesson 6 – Preflop (part 1) Defense
This lesson will start back at the beginning of our strategy with a max exploit vantage point
- Blind Defense (exploit: over realizing when compensated)
- Button Defense (exploit: leveraging position to over capitalize)
- 3 Bet Defense (both as original raiser & cold caller)
- Exploits: over realizing equity in big pots
- C-betting and barrelling as defender (exploit: over bluffing– ceasing initiative vs showdown ranges)
- Effects of SPR
Lesson 7 – Preflop (part 2) Offense
This lesson will see us diving deeper into what it is to be sticky and how to properly fight for every shred of equity.
- The art of calling (exploit: poor post linework)
- Cold Calling (exploit: Under cbettors or blasters)
- 3 betting (Max exploit, never flatting vs non adjusting opener)
- Cold 4 betting (exploit: over folders OR over callers)
Lesson 8 – Post Flop Positional Play
This lesson will build off the previous, where we are the preflop caller.
- Protecting a capped range
- Flop raises
- Turn raises to showdown
- River raises
- Bluffs vs Value
- Trapping (balancing)
Lesson 9 – Overbetting
This lesson will introduce and dissect overbetting, specific to capped ranges. We will also introduce when to overbet a merged as an exploit based on player tendencies
- Flop Over Bets (rare)
- Turn Over Bets
- River Over Bets
- Over bet shoving (pre & post)
- Over betting merged (exploit)
- Feigning balance
Lesson 10 – The Fragile Competitive Psyche
This lesson will wrap up the course by taking a hard look inward. By correctly identifying where we falter in accordance to the strategy as it has been presented, we can then not only sure up those areas, but also begin to prey on others who suffer from similar shortcomings.
- Live Tells
- Stomaching the swings
- Manufacturing Gamble
- The Soft Skills